Roof Replacement Contractors in Central Wisconsin
There are many options to consider when it's time to replace your roof. The concrete details of roofing materials and colors available are challenging enough, but the hardest decision of all is who you should have install your new roof. A recent survey revealed that only 55% of homeowners who had roofing work done would recommend the roofing contractor they used. So, almost half realized they chose the wrong roofer, but by then it was too late.
To help keep you from making the same mistake, we suggest this list of criteria recommended by the National Roofing Contractors association. All roofing contractors are not alike, and NRCA recommends that you pre qualify roofing contractors to get the job done right the first time.
The following guidelines will help in your decision:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax I. D. number, and a business license.
- Insist on seeing copies of the contractor's liability insurance coverage. Make sure the coverage is in effect through the entire job.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that readily offers client references and a list of completed projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied.
- Insist on a written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment.
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau to check for any complaints that have been filed. http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews
Buying a service like roofing is not like buying a finished, packaged product. A finished product like a car or a computer is usually constructed in a factory somewhere with predictable assembly-line uniformity. On the other hand, a construction project gets constructed on your own unique home. Thus, your safest choice for a construction project contractor is a trusted, reputable business with positive references in a variety of applications. We recommend asking prospective roofing contractors to explain their project supervision and quality control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge, how many workers will be required and the estimated time of completion.
Carefully read and understand any roofing warranty offered and watch for provisions that would void it. Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember, price is only one criterion for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily on your decision.
Durable Roofing is committed to living up to this criteria, and helping you replace your headaches and worries with a beautiful, functional, and durable roofing solution.
If you are looking for a Central Wisconsin Roofing contractor please call us today at 715-449-3402 or use our online message form.